- 9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Registration & Networking
- 9:30 am - 9:45 am
- 10:10 am - 10:55 am
- Concurrent #1: Stepping Out of the Technical Dark Ages to Understand & Maximize HR Tools
- HR Technology is advancing at a rate hard to quantify. Each year, our profession gains new ground in the development of services, information, systems and tools available to address the rapidly evolving landscape of HR. For many of us, the advent of these tools and technologies was swift, and organizations slow to get on board are just now realizing what’s truly been missed. In this session we’ll explore how technology is propelling the HR function, and a step by step guide for getting out of the weeds, and into the playing field.
- 10:10 am - 10:55 am
- Concurrent #2: Driving Employee Engagement with Employer Branding
- The topic of Employee Engagement has almost become a running joke: do survey, sit on results, announce results, realize they’re too old to be useful, re-do survey... This loop continues to make an ask of employees—tell us more about what you think about the company—but is light on giving value back to the employee. True engagement requires that there be something in it for Brand. What you'll get are employees who are happy to have a voice, a brand that’s reflective of your company's reality, and brand messaging that's customized for each employee's network—critical in a world where employees are your best front line sourcers. The idea of having every employee talking about the brand in slightly different ways may seem daunting, but with the right tools and right approach, this new way of thinking can deliver sustained branding and engagement results beyond what you thought possible. And we will prove it!
Speakers:Jason Seiden, Lisa Cervenka
- 10:55 am - 11:20 am
- 11:20 am - 12:05 pm
- Why Building a “Career Newsroom” is Vital to Your Recruitment Efforts
- Nearly 50% of Sodexo’s management-level hires in 2014 reported using one or more of our social properties during their job search. While channel preference varied slightly between internal and external hires, the message was clear: both types of candidates found value in viewing culture-related content, having the ability to ask questions and receive answers in real time and accessing firsthand accounts of what it’s like to work for the company. This is why creating a “career newsroom” is vital to the success of your recruitment efforts. This means not only creating content that speaks to the questions and concerns of most job seekers, but also having a method for actively putting it at their fingertips through things like QUEsocial, our mobile Jobs app and our regularly updated online properties. In this session, we will dig deeper into the results of our 2014 New Hires Survey and take a closer look at the content strategy behind managing nearly 20 different platforms to engage potential candidates online.
- 12:05 pm - 1:15 pm
- 1:15 pm - 1:30 pm
- HR Tech Spotlight #2 - quesociaI.com
- 1:35 pm - 2:20 pm
- Emerging Employer Branding & Social Talent Acquisition Strategies
- Josh is going to explore strategies being used today by leading Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding executives. He is going to give you a list of things that you can take back to your desk on Monday and implement. Josh has interviewed a handful of practitioners who have shared proven strategies that they have implemented that have produced amazing results. If you are thinking of starting or enhancing your Social Talent Acquisition strategy in 2015, this is a can’t miss break-out session.
- 2:25 pm - 3:10 pm
- Concurrent #3: Rethinking Candidate Experience: The Royal Treatment
- In today's competitive job market, how candidates perceive your firm impacts who you attract and who you can hire. Guess what? If your candidate experience is awesome, you will be able to attract top talent! Rolling out the red carpet for candidates is an absolute must. Chances are your candidates are being treated like royalty by your competitors, so you need to figure out a way to stand out from the crowd. In order to make the candidate experience as smooth as possible, you need to ensure that you have structured processes surrounding each step in the workflow and that everyone in your organization, particularly, hiring managers, are utilizing technology to its fullest. In this session, you will learn how to put your company’s best foot forward and showcase your employer brand like a champion. Learn how to make the candidate experience as smooth and seamless as possible so you can convert more awesome applicants to amazing hires — fast.
- 2:25 pm - 3:10 pm
- Concurrent #4: HR/Recruiting + Marketing: A True Partnership
- Gabe and Ben will talk about what awesome stuff they’re doing at VueNation, and how it’s critically important that Marketing and HR/Recruiting work in a true partnership. We will also dive into a few social hacks that anyone can apply to their recruiting, HR, selling and marketing efforts.
Speakers:Ben Martinez, Gabe Villamizar
- 3:10 pm - 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
- Concurrent #5: Internal Intentionality - Social Media Inside an Organization
- Companies should use technology and social media with the same intentionality on internal audiences as external audiences. After the hire, after the customer, don’t forget who is already here. This session will discuss some methods and tools that are being used the address the need for internal communications and business workflow, not only for comradery but also for good business and collaborations. Taking an integrated approach with human resources, management information systems and public affairs, businesses can transform and blend their internal communication and business strategies and strategically intertwine traditionally held definitions of these units to improve an overall stakeholder experience.
- 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
- Concurrent #6: Leveraging Video to Resolve High-Volume Recruiting
- Uber, Snapchat & the invention of selfie sticks - the world has changed rapidly in just 5 short years. Why then, have we been stuck in the dark ages with the same recruiting processes for the past 20 years? Times aren’t changing, they’ve already changed; instead of just keeping up with the trends let’s strive to create them. This session will walk you through the social statics and millennial behaviors that led one high-volume recruiting team to completely change their recruiting process by integrating and leveraging the power of video. Learn how you can also upgrade your process to improve quality of hire as well as your candidate experience.
Speakers:Alison Hasselbring, Marie Pierre Huot
- 4:15 pm - 4:30 pm
With a Public Relations and Advertising background, Alison Hasselbring has a passion for people, branding and big ideas. Alison currently manages Mosaic’s US Talent Attractions team based in Chicago. At Mosaic, Alison spends her days blending creative, research and numbers to create strategies that uniquely connect top talent with opportunities. Alison specializes in employment branding initiatives, on-campus recruiting and social media with a passion for utilizing new technology and data analysis to attract great people and increase employee engagement.
Amy Dillman, SPHR, is a 13-year veteran of Human Resources after a career change from corporate communications. She is currently the Director of Human Resources for the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois and serves in the volunteer role of Communications Director for the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resources Management. Amy has over a decade of experience in corporate training, organizational development and strategic planning.
Autumn Anderson is a member of Sodexo USA’s talent acquisition group, where she is responsible for employment brand communications as the voice of the Sodexo Careers social media channels, with a focus on targeting and connecting with potential candidates through sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter (to name a few), as well as their careers blog and talent community. With 10 years of experience creating content for print and the web, Autumn has added employment branding and community management to her repertoire through her roles at Careerbuilder and Kellogg School of Management. She has also taught social media marketing and media writing courses as an adjunct faculty member at Roosevelt University and a graduate instructor at Illinois State University.
Ben Martinez is the Vice President of Human Resources for HireVue. In this role, he leads HireVue’s strategic people and team initiatives. He is responsible for the entire employee life cycle with a keen focus on recruiting incredible talent, culture, and technology to build a great company.
Martinez has successfully worked in various HR leadership roles around the US and Mexico for Fortune 500 companies, including Pepsi, Sears, Honeywell, and Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Martinez’s educational background includes a master’s in organization development from Bowling Green State University and a bachelor’s of science in public health from Utah State University.
Ben cares so much about the art of HR, talent, and recruiting, he started the blog The HR Hound with the goal of building a community he could add value to and learn from. He’s a regular speaker at events and a regular writer — on his blog and others’.
Gabe Villamizar has five years of related work experience in marketing strategy, social media marketing and social selling lead generation in the SaaS B2B industry. He has extensive multi-cultural experience with the ability to develop and implement new SaaS social marketing tactics to build strong B2B relationships and generate targeted leads. He currently works at HireVue helping out with social, marketing and social recruiting.
Jason is CEO & cofounder of Brand Amper, the SaaS Employer Branding platform that engages employees at scale to get a company’s message out in a genuine way. Jason’s also a storyteller. He launched Brand Amper because after experiencing the dot com boom (and bust), spending years providing leadership and communications coaching to Fortune 500 executives and sales teams, and starting North America’s first LinkedIn-certified training company, he was finally in a position to do what he’s always been most passionate about: helping others tell their own stories in their own words better than they ever thought they could. He is beyond proud to have had Brand Amper named 1 of only 6 “Awesome New Start Ups” at last year’s HR Technology Conference. Jason’s also an avid skier and the author of 2 career books.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.
Josh is QUEsocial’s Executive Vice President and runs their Go To Market strategy. He has spent his entire career in technology with the last 10 years being in the HR & Talent Industry working for leaders HireVue and HireRight. He’s very passionate about the intersection of Social Media and Employer Branding as well as Disruptive Technology. He did his undergrad work at the University of Illinois and has an MBA from Pepperdine University. Josh lives in Chicago with his wife and 3 daughters and is a HUGE Chicago sports fan.
Julie Rischmiller is a total HR enthusiast and avid collaborator. With 11 years of experience spanning most HR disciplines, she has built a reputation of fostering relationships and driving her organization’s people oriented programs and strategies to new heights. Her passion’s – connecting people and business, tackling new HR challenges and advocating for the evolution of the HR profession. Her paid gig with Randstad Technologies puts her diverse background to use building engagement, professional development and retention strategies. Her side gig is volunteering on the Illinois SHRM Board of Directors Co-Chairing the ILSHRM State Conference & Exposition. In addition, Julie regularly volunteers at local high schools and colleges speaking on HR related topics, career planning, and promoting the need of STEM programs in education.
Lisa Cervenka is a brand nerd. Her sweet spot is helping professionals and companies craft meaningful brands that stand the test of time. Lisa is partial to technology companies—the more complex the product or service, the better. Cofounding Brand Amper has allowed her to expand her skills even further, into Employer Branding—the most demanding brand you will ever meet. Brand Amper’s SaaS Employer Branding platform helps enterprise clients engage employees at scale to partner in genuine, high-impact recruitment marketing. Free time? Not much, but it usually involves cooking and writing.
Marie Pierre Huot
Marie Pierre is the Director, Talent Acquisition at Mosaic, and has been with the company for 9 years. She comes with 13 years of HR/TA experience. She started as a recruiter and grew with the organization where she led a growing team of 42 people in the Canadian Market. She joined the Chicago team 3 years ago in order to expand the Talent Acquisition services where she initiated and developed to support our Experiential Marketing Business team. We have now 17 members of TA located in Chicago and a team of 15 in Dallas all led by Marie Pierre. Marie’s efforts have produced a team which orchestrates over 6 000 hires a year and close to 10 000 placements including our Retail Marketing business out of Dallas.
Marie Pierre focuses on developing effective and non-conventional ways to manage the recruitment flow and define how to recruit candidates for a variety of roles in the marketing/ advertising, sponsorship, merchandising, sampling and sales programs of Mosaic’s business. She is responsible for developing relationships with our internal clients and external management team, understanding the needs of our upcoming programs and executing a recruiting strategy to hire those candidates. Recently, Marie Pierre just kicked off our campus recruiting program for the second consecutive year in the USA.
You can see Marie Pierre working on multiple projects at once anywhere from talent strategies, recruiting and selection, HR/TA ATS system upgrade as well as a new internal platform where she is playing a lead role with supporting our workforce re-deployment team called Mpower. She is working closely with all level for continuous improvement of practices and procedures and consults with executives on policies and new procedures.
Prior to Mosaic, Marie Pierre came to us with both a Marketing and HR/TA background which she gained in the agency, automotive and insurance industry.