- 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Registration & Networking
- 10:00 am - 10:15am
- 10:20 am - 11:00 am
- Kick-Off: Maximizing Your Impact & Influence as an HR Professional Through Your Personal Brand
- Let's face it, HR professionals suck at the humble brag. We're often so busy supporting and lifting up the businesses that we work with that we rarely take the time to articulate our own value and insight. In this session, you'll learn why its so imperative to your career and reputation to invest in your personal brand and you'll walk away with practical tips on amplifying your impact as an HR professional through the power of storytelling and social media.
- 11:10 am - 11:30 am
- 11:30 am - 12:20 pm
- Concurrent #1: Design Thinking in HR
- Design thinking casts HR into a new role. It transforms the function from a "process developer" to an "experience architect". Learn through case studies and examples how treating employees like customers and integrating consumer behaviour into your day-to-day will transform your role.
- 11:30 am - 12:20 pm
- Concurrent #2: LinkedIn & Twitter are BFFs
- In this session learn how to use what you learn on LinkedIn to source new and emerging talent and create in-house brand ambassadors who can share the stories of your business with their networks. With a focus on micro-blogging and identifying superstars, the challenge in 2017 and beyond is not just finding talent but keeping talent engaged and learning so they can foster positive work cultures and create responsive and better work environments for everyone.
Speakers:Susie Erjavec Parker
- 12:20 pm - 1:00 pm
- 1:20 pm - 2:10 pm
- Employee Engagement: Boosting Your Connection to Your Organization - Aligning Your Personal Values
- Employee engagement is a proven core driver of business success. In this hands-on and interactive session you will learn the importance of values and behaviours in any employee engagement and recognition plan, and how exercises and events around engagement will increase bonding and connecting among your employees. The audience will go through a team exercise that Kudos created for its own employees and clients. This exercise will enable you to identify your own personal values, which you can then compare to those of your organization.
- 2:15 pm - 3:05 pm
- Concurrent #3: Technology, Data and You, The Manager
- Technology has changed significantly, and has made it easier for leaders to access the data they need to effectively lead their squads. Gone are the days of once-a-year performance reviews. Enter ongoing employee leadership - having regular structured conversations on what’s truly important. Traditional hierarchies are becoming less effective and less common, which is forcing managers to become more agile. This session will teach how to get better access to required data, facilitate structured 1-on-1 sessions, and truly understand why these new practices will enable organizational success.
- 2:15 pm - 3:05 pm
- Concurrent #4: Hiring Hubs and Toolkits: Transforming Your Hiring Leaders into Talent Acquisition Experts
- In Louis’ role at ATB Financial, he developed the “The Hiring Hub”, a solution for hiring managers. It’s a Google site that includes tools like job postings, interview guides, assessments, learning videos, educational content and recruitment tips and tricks. Regardless of skill level, ATBs hiring leaders can now access high quality recruiting tools from anywhere and at anytime. The results were astounding - Louis will take you through the process of how he achieved this.
- 3:05 pm - 3:20 pm
- 3:20 pm - 4:10 pm
- Concurrent #5: The Virtual Reality of HR - Leveraging the Gaming World to Inspire Talent
- Cloud and mobile technology, artificial intelligence (A.I.) and increased automation are transforming the way we work and conduct business. Virtual reality (V.R.) combined with A.I. is poised to be more transformative than any other technology transformation to date, and HR can no longer afford to be a laggard in this movement. Susan will show you how V.R. can be used to nurture higher levels of engagement, increase productivity and fundamentally change the ways in which we work.
- 3:20 pm - 4:10 pm
- Concurrent #6: How to Share Brand Success Using Instagram and Facebook
- More than 19 million Canadians log into Facebook every day to keep up with news, trending topics, and of course, family and friends. In this session learn how your can organization leverage the visual storytelling platforms of Facebook and Instagram to craft that just-right brand narrative and identify not just your biggest fans, but potential new hires, new partnerships, who are your most active employee ambassadors, and what they're interested in and motivated by every day.
Speakers:Susie Erjavec Parker
- 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closing: Be Bold, Be Brave, Be Experimental
- Competition is for losers. Today, our competitive global market is unforgiving and ruthless – no one is spared. Consumer expectations and behaviors, shaped by new market entrants, have also changed more in the last 10 years than in the last 100 years combined. Disruptive innovation is forcing firms to reimagine their customer experiences, channel strategies and business models. How do we survive? Today, we need to be bold, brave and experimental. We can only keep up if we foster a relentless culture that promotes human-centered design and rapid experimentation. This is our only competitive advantage. In this session, you will: - Learn why 2017 is the greatest (and scariest) time to be in business. - Learn why taking a human-centred approach builds culture and de-risks projects by saving time/money. - Explore how companies like Apple, Tesla, Amazon and Google have embraced experimentation. - Learn from Shawn's experience on the battleground of building culture with clients and internally. - Obtain methods and tools for transforming your organization's culture.
Danielle Strang is a talent strategist, a marketing enthusiast and a disrupter at heart. Taking a non-traditional and opportunistic approach to her own career, she stepped away from years of corporate HR experience to launch herself into the executive recruiting industry. Now, as the Head of People for a tech startup Jobber, Danielle is passionate about sharing her learnings from the executive search industry to help modernize HR and in-house recruiting. Her focus on design thinking has helped shape a culture that wholly considers what the employee experience should be.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.
Louis is a Talent Acquisition Partner with ATB Financial. He has 10 years of corporate recruitment experience and has been with ATB for the last 6 years. Louis is the Talent Partner for ATB’s branch network with a focus on leadership recruitment. Being the sole recruiter for over 300 locations and 2,000 team members can be challenging. However, he has found a way to be successful by transforming his hiring leaders into a network of talent experts. He looks forward to sharing this knowledge with you.
Mark Kluchky is an HR leader with a passion for employment brand and employee experience. For 15 years, I worked in the many areas of HR at BioWare and Electronic Arts. I was involved in the rapid growth and expansion of BioWare from a small group in Edmonton to an organization with offices in multiple locations. For over two years I have been on an amazing journey with some amazing people. As the head of Customer Success at Squadley by FarsideHR, I have been part of a team who are passionate about building a workforce success platform that addresses many issues we have seen impact organizations. The employee manager relationship has been an important focus for me and Squadley has given me an avenue to share that passion with a whole new audience.
Muni BogaCEO & Founder
Muni Boga is Chief Executive Officer & Founder of Kudos Inc. Muni has over 15 years of experience as a leader, strategist, and innovator.
His dedication to creating innovations and models that embrace diversity, enhance human performance and drive a culture of engagement, has led Kudos to be a disruptive force in the employee engagement industry. Using the power of social software and HCM Analytics, Kudos’ online employee engagement and culture platform help organizations share meaningful value-based recognition and feedback to reduce turnover, improve employee happiness and boost performance.
Shahzia Noorally is on a personal mission to change the HR industry, challenging the norm around how people and culture strategies should be executed in organizations. She has been an active influencer in the HR communities in Calgary and Vancouver for over 6 years working currently to build unique recruitment branding and culture strategies for the Transformation team at ATB Financial in Calgary. She is a proud introvert, personal and employer branding nerd and really believes in the power of social media to elevate both conversations and results for people and businesses. She is a published writer, speaker and blogger and holds both a Bachelor of Management degree from the University of Lethbridge as well as a Masters of Education degree from the University of British Columbia.
Shawn Kanungo is a strategist and sought-after keynote speaker. Over the past 11 years with Deloitte, he has been recognized nationally and
globally for his work in the innovation space. Shawn works with corporate executives to better understand and plan for the opportunities
and threats associated with disruptive innovation. He is on the ground floor helping private and public sector organizations adopt new
technologies and business models for the digital age. Shawn shares his hands-on experiences through talks around the world
to help leaders navigate change within a digital era. He has also spoken at TEDx in 2017. In 2016, he was recognized as Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40. He has been featured in The Globe & Mail, The Guardian, CBC and CTV.
Susan is a seasoned executive in human resources. She has worked with a variety of organizations to deliver exceptional human resource programs and offerings and build change capacity and strength. Susan is the founder of InnovateHR, the President of EDGE Human Resource Solutions and an avid blogger. Susan has participated in many speaking engagements, having been a guest lecturer at Mount Royal University’s HR Strategy course, guest speaker at Royal Roads’ MBA Leadership course, guest speaker at the Women in Leadership conference, seminar leader on Change Management with the HRIA and a recent speaker at DisruptHR. She is committed to bring innovation in Human Resources to life.
Susie Erjavec Parker
Susie Erjavec Parker is owner of SPARKER Strategy Group, Winnipeg’s first and only social media and public relations agency. SPARKER Strategy Group helps brands and businesses manage their online and social profiles, and provides them with public relations expertise as well. Susie is a frequent speaker and media commentator on the current and future state of social media having been featured on CBC, CTV, Global News, The Globe and Mail, Moneysense Magazine, Corus Radio, and more. She also consults on public relations, marketing trends, and the intersection of consumer behaviour.
She is the also the founder and managing editor of WinnipegMom.ca, a regional media outlet that connects Winnipeg parents to brands and businesses that serve them, and highlights local events.