SocialHRCamp 2020 Virtual 1.0
As the world currently grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, notably how organizations transition to fully remote workforces, the HR community needs to play a huge role in supporting, enabling and leading organizations. We are launching 4 virtual events during the month of April 2020, that will focus on what matters most to organizations, right now. The themes will be:
- Employee Engagement (April 9, 2020)
- Innovating HR Practices During a Pandemic (April 16, 2020)
- Employee Mental Health and Wellness (April 23, 2020)
- Cultivating Continuing Workplace Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (April 30, 2020)
Sessions will be virtually lead and facilitated by thought-leaders, HR leaders and domain-specific experts. In traditional SocialHRCamp style, we will maximize audience engagement and learning.
- 5:30 pm - 5:50 pm
- Keeping Culture Alive Virtually
- As most companies have to work virtually, we will discuss how we can use the benefits of intention setting to keep ourselves intentional and inspired as we collectively navigate the current landscape. Quote For the Talk: "Where intentions go, energy flows"
- 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
- Building Trust In The Midst of Chaos - Anchoring Your Employee Engagement Strategy on the 8 Pillars of Trust
- Trust is a fundamental pillar of building high employee engagement and culture within our workplaces. Establishing trust in our day to day interactions with our teams is one hurdle but building and establishing trust in times of crisis is another. During chaotic times, being able to establish trust with your teams to ensure proper communication, priorities and actions are critical as you think about work continuity and business operations. Through this session, you will learn the 8 Pillars of Trust that will help you keep your organization to remain connected and in-tune to one another, the environment and business needs from the top of the leadership level right down to your teams.
Speakers:Alysha M. Campbell
- 6:10 pm - 6:30 pm
- How to Engage Employees in Uncertain Times
- As uncertainty spreads through executives, HR professionals and every single employee, it gets challenging to operate in a ‘new normal.’ But in unprecedented times, your employees matter now, more than ever. This session will discuss the impact uncertain times have on employees and why it’s important for companies to respond, specific recommendations on how to engage employees given the uncertainty in the workplace and the mindset you need to start with, and examples of companies that are doing it well to inspire action in your organization.
- 6:30 pm - 6:40 pm
- virtual Break
- 6:40 pm - 7:40 pm
- Q & A
- Jeff will moderate a Q&A session using the collected questions and comments from attendees during the speaker presentations. Make sure to post your questions and comments in real-time so we can have a thoughtful and insightful conversation.
Speakers:Alysha M. Campbell, Brad Kewalramani, Jeff Waldman, Rob Catalano
Alysha M. Campbell
Alysha M. Campbell is an accomplished and respected Strategic HR Leader with a decade of experience that encompasses all facets of Human Resource Management. From executing successful multi-million dollar workforce recruitment and optimization projects to spearheading employee culture initiatives, Alysha has truly seen and done it all in the HR space.
Through her experience and foresight in the international talent space, Alysha has developed an eye for talent engagement patterns and the resulting effects on culture. As a speaker and entrepreneur, Alysha partners with and teaches organizations her proven process on how to align their talent with corporate objectives to achieve more and increase profitability. She enjoys sharing the secrets of the trade to help businesses discover the benefits of a high-performance culture, the increasing value of employee engagement, in addition to the ins and outs of talent acquisition.
Within Alysha’s business practices, she encourages companies to embrace the “Employee First” philosophy that focuses on shifting the culture dynamics and encouraging recognition of positive results and behaviours. Ultimately this leads to greater employee engagement, customer service and recurring revenue allowing clients to stay competitive in their respective industry and labour market.
Among her various business ventures, Alysha is currently an HR Business Partner with Index Exchange, a Global Ad Tech Organization. She is a graduate of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Commerce and is pursuing further studies as a Change Management Practitioner (CMP).
Brad has spent 10+ years in Talent & Culture, starting his career in staffing for experiential marketing campaigns for technology companies, from there moving into recruiting for roles across multiple talent verticals in the real estate and construction industry and then accounting and finance with Robert Half. For the last 3+ years, he has devoted himself to assisting companies with their efforts in creating engaging work environments to support their culture goals with Office Coffee Solutions. He is now on a mission to assist companies in creating Culture Mindful work environments that drive productivity and wellbeing, empowering people with a digital platform to collectively participate in their workplace culture in a positive way.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.
Rob Catalano is passionate about helping companies succeed – by helping them focus on their employee experience. With his unique experience in HR Technology as a founding employee at Achievers, Rob co-founded WorkTango – a solution that helps give employees a voice and companies actionable insight. He has recently been named as a 2019 Top Global Employee Engagement Influencer, and is the Canadian Chairperson for The Enterprise Engagement Alliance, with a mandate to lead and help educate corporate, government and not-for-profit management on a formal process for implementing engagement across the enterprise community. He is an avid hockey and volleyball player, traveller, used to play guitar in a metal band, and in his own terms a ‘pointaholic’ – he collects loyalty points for everything and anything!