SocialHRCamp 2020 Virtual 2.0
As the world currently grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, notably how organizations transition to fully remote workforces, the HR community needs to play a huge role in supporting, enabling and leading organizations. We are launching 4 virtual events during the month of April 2020, that will focus on what matters most to organizations, right now. The themes will be:
- Employee Engagement (April 9, 2020)
- Innovating HR Practices During a Pandemic (April 16, 2020)
- Employee Mental Health and Wellbeing (April 23, 2020)
- Cultivating Continuing Workplace Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (April 30, 2020)
Sessions will be virtually lead and facilitated by thought-leaders, HR leaders and domain-specific experts. In traditional SocialHRCamp style, we will maximize audience engagement and learning.
All tickets are by donation and 100% of the proceeds will go to a collaborative initiative with Kits for a Cause to support front-line health workers with supplied to fight COVID-19.
- 5:25 pm - 5:30 pm
- Introduction to Thoughtexchange
- 5:30 pm - 5:55 pm
- HR Innovation During a Pandemic: How Not to Waste a Crisis
- Tone would be a 'let's get real about what is possible right now, what barriers and opportunities the current situation presents for us to make change in our organizations". Essentially, I'm seeing a lot of 'thought leadership' out there that doesn't account for the fact that this is not business as usual, that the rules for innovation and change have been altered overnight in ways that no one fully grasps yet. So yes, this situation will likely result in significant and lasting disruption to our ways of working...AND we're all *in it* right now, so there is opportunity but also real challenges that must be taken into account if we want to create change in our organizations. So, I hope this session would challenge some of the more predictable viewpoints out there, as well as give people some good takeaways for their outlook and approach now and in the coming months. I'm grappling with this in my role and can speak to some concrete examples as well. What do you think?
- 5:55 pm - 6:20 pm
- Taking Your Kickass Culture Virtual - How to Maintain Your Amazing Culture Remotely
- In this session, Adam Phelps from Hibob will be spilling secrets on how one of the world’s most cutting edge HR tech firms has maintained their own culture in a remote environment, and how they’ve advised HR leaders at some of today’s fastest-growing companies on helping employees thrive from home.
- 6:20 pm - 6:45 pm
- How to Effectively Onboard New Employees Virtually
- Many organizations are undergoing massive disruptive changes to their business models with most of their workforce now being suddenly remote. How does this impact new hires? Onboarding new people has remained largely unchanged in recent years, where the first weeks are spent in the Home Office, touring locations, shaking hands and having welcome lunches. Training in this period tends to be face-to-face with peers and supervisors to learn about the organization and the new role. Join us as we talk about how to adapt your onboarding process when we are all grounded, and even those still going to work are discouraged from being in close physical proximity to others. Explore how to design an onboarding program that takes advantage of technology, enabling new hires to learn quickly, build trust with their team and peers and feel a sense of belonging, even at a distance.
- 6:45 pm - 7:15 pm
- Q & A
Speakers:Adam Phelps, Alysha M. Campbell, Dessalen Wood, Jane Watson, Jeff Waldman
Adam PhelpsHead Of Sales, US
In leading go-to-market teams for Hibob, Adam has worked with HR professionals at companies like Vayner Media, Happy Socks, and Fiverr to help strategize and develop their internal HR and People processes and initiatives. Having initially begun working with People teams in Europe to best understand the leading trends in the industry and how to best align these internally, Adam has since transitioned to working with companies across Canada and the US. Originally from just outside London, Adam is now based out of New York. An avid travel and sports fan, he’s even beginning to start to understand what football means stateside!
Alysha M. Campbell
Alysha M. Campbell is an accomplished and respected Strategic HR Leader with a decade of experience that encompasses all facets of Human Resource Management. From executing successful multi-million dollar workforce recruitment and optimization projects to spearheading employee culture initiatives, Alysha has truly seen and done it all in the HR space.
Through her experience and foresight in the international talent space, Alysha has developed an eye for talent engagement patterns and the resulting effects on culture. As a speaker and entrepreneur, Alysha partners with and teaches organizations her proven process on how to align their talent with corporate objectives to achieve more and increase profitability. She enjoys sharing the secrets of the trade to help businesses discover the benefits of a high-performance culture, the increasing value of employee engagement, in addition to the ins and outs of talent acquisition.
Within Alysha’s business practices, she encourages companies to embrace the “Employee First” philosophy that focuses on shifting the culture dynamics and encouraging recognition of positive results and behaviours. Ultimately this leads to greater employee engagement, customer service and recurring revenue allowing clients to stay competitive in their respective industry and labour market.
Among her various business ventures, Alysha is currently an HR Business Partner with Index Exchange, a Global Ad Tech Organization. She is a graduate of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Commerce and is pursuing further studies as a Change Management Practitioner (CMP).
Dessalen WoodChief People Officer
Dessalen Wood, CHRP, is an innovative HR executive, seasoned speaker, and coach. She specializes in passionately leading Learning and Development and Human Resources teams at some of North America’s most respected organizations. Dessalen has over 20 years of experience in national corporations such as Reitman’s Canada, Hudson’s Bay Company, The Children’s Place and The Disney Stores. In 2019 she left her role as Vice President, Talent Development at Cineplex Entertainment to join Thoughtexchange in the newly created role of Chief People Officer.
Throughout her career, Dessalen has coached senior leaders and built teams from the ground up, in addition to designing and delivering multiple original programs. The results have been engaging corporate cultures and high performing leaders at all levels.
In her tenure, Cineplex was a 3-time winner of the Waterstone Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Culture award, in addition to having been recognized by the Retail Council of Canada, with their award for Talent Development in 2015.
Jane WatsonSenior Director, People Partners
Jane Watson is Senior Director, People Partners at Klick, Founder of the Aperta Project, and a Master’s candidate in Concordia’s Human Systems Intervention program. Over the last 15 years, she’s worked with companies in the private, public, and non-profit sectors, including regional and national leadership roles in Human Resources, and a role on the executive leadership team of an innovative, fully remote tech start-up. She writes about organizations, culture, and the changing nature of work at TalentVanguard.com.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.