SocialHRCamp Tampa 2022
We are making a huge splash in our return to in-person events with our first one in over 2 years. Not only are we entering a new market in Tampa we will be tackling a new theme. The job market has changed more in the last couple of years than it has in the last decade. Rapidly shifting candidate and employee expectations, widespread skills shortages and record inflation are all having a huge impact on the talent landscape. As a result, attracting, engaging, and retaining talent is more complex than it’s ever been.
In partnership with WilsonHCG and Claro Analytics, we have a number of industry experts who will be sharing their insights on how to bounce back from The Great Resignation. They’ll share tips on how to secure top talent, and engage and retain your existing talent, as well as talk about the role data and analytics plays in creating effective, forward-looking talent acquisition strategies.
We’re excited to be taking over Embarc Collective, which is a beautiful state-of-the-art 32,000 square foot collaborative space located in downtown Tampa. Secure your spot today for our first in-person event of 2022!
Tickets are by donation and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross Ukraine Emergency Appeal. #standwithukraine
- 4:30 - 5:00pm
- Registration & Networking
- 5:20 - 5:50pm
- Kick-Off Session - The Datafication of HR
- Data has become the new currency in the world of work. Organizations that lack proficiency in data literacy will find themselves at a disadvantage when it comes to attracting and retaining top talent. Companies with access to real-time labor market data make more informed decisions to elevate their employment brands and diversity recruitment strategies while staying ahead of the competition and retaining their best and brightest talent. In this session, Carmen and Michael will provide insights that can help to shape your employment branding strateg, share examples of how leading organizations are leveraging labor market data to hire, engage, and retain diverse talent, and showcase a real-time labor market intelligence tool that organizations use for strategic workforce planning.
Speakers:Carmen Scanlon, Michael Beygelman
- 5:55 - 6:25pm
- Session 2 - Building an Employer Brand Forest through Strategic Recruitment Marketing
- The Great Resignation has changed the hiring landscape. Traditional methods of Recruiting are no match for our current, and probably unchanging, employment environment. Not only does top talent have more options, but they’re more discerning in choosing their next opportunity, to ensure that it aligns with their values. In this session, Lori provides insight on her firm’s transition from watering the Recruiting plants to building an Employer Brand forest through Strategic Recruitment Marketing, in order to meet these challenges.
Speakers:Lori Kulhavi Jendrucko
- 6:25 - 7:10pm
- Dinner & Networking
- 7:10 - 7:40pm
- Session 3 - Inclusive Leadership: What a Tiara and Tutu Can Teach You About Engaging Your Talent
- When we show up (or log in) to work, each of us brings a dynamic set of thoughts, feelings and emotions with us. And while there may be a desire to dismiss these as “too personal,” they have an undeniable impact on our behavior, how we lead, and our ability to engage teams at work. The challenge is our thoughts, feelings and emotions are mostly invisible - I call it the “invisible context” - so it’s hard to know what context people are operating from. Someone’s context might be “I don’t know if I belong here” or “I’m afraid someone might find out I’m a fraud” or “I don’t want to make any decisions that will make people unhappy.” In today’s world, where work is getting more personal, leaders need to create space for what is unseen and take a coach approach to engaging their talent. It all starts with empathy, and in this case, a story of a young boy wearing a tiara and a tutu.
- 7:45 - 8:15pm
- Session 4 - Love ’em or Lose ’em: The Great Retention
- First, a pandemic. Then an abundance of stimulus checks. Now it’s The Great Resignation, manifested by unprecedented churn for employers. In today’s employees’ market, it takes more creativity than retention bonuses, free healthcare, and a remote work arrangement to keep them with you. Winning during The Great Resignation requires tools you already have and a commitment to disrupt your company’s status quo of recruiting and rewarding employees.
Speakers:Misty Brown Fischer
- 8:15 - 8:30pm
Carmen ScanlonVice President of Client Solutions
As Vice President of Client Solutions at WilsonHCG, Carmen Scanlon is responsible for leading organizations through the evaluation process when considering talent solutions to optimize their people strategy. With an extensive background in HR solutions, she combines her experience supporting clients with outsourced HR services, HR technology, and people analytics to deliver a unique perspective when building and implementing customized talent solutions for WilsonHCG’s global client partners.
Chris RollinsPurpose-Driven Leadership & Executive Coach
Chris Rollins is a purpose-driven leadership and executive coach who works with leaders – especially in the LGBTQ+ community – to experience new levels of growth, success, and fulfillment. Chris is passionate about working with leaders to find their own voice and style so they can lead with purpose and authenticity. He’s particularly skilled at creating a safe space where his clients can experience meaningful transformation to drive positive business results. He’s worked with clients across industries and functions and is particularly inspired by coaching leaders who adopt a “people-first” approach. Before working as a coach, Chris spent a decade in corporate America. He first honed his craft in sales before rising through the leadership ranks at a digital marketing research company in the customer success function. There, he managed teams of up to 9 people while also overseeing client relationships with some of the world’s largest brands, agencies, and media companies. He then levelled up to an internally focused role as SVP of Organizational Development where he served on the executive team as a trusted partner to the CEO. When living and leading from his essence, Chris embodies compassion, intimacy, love, joy, and peace.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.
John Wilson is the CEO of WilsonHCG. He founded the company in 2002 and has grown it into a global leader with a footprint that spans more than 65 countries and six continents. John has driven foreign market entry and expansion, allowing the company to scale at speed. He’s led several strategic acquisitions across Europe, Canada and Asia and secured investment from three private equity firms.
Today, WilsonHCG finds top talent for some of the world’s biggest companies, allowing them to concentrate on other strategic initiatives.
John is a member of the Wharton Advisory Board, which was established in 2004 by the Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management. He is a regular commentator in the media and has won multiple leadership awards. He was recognized as a Profiles in Diversity Journal’s CEO Leadership in Action honoree and has won several HRO Today HR Superstar awards. John has also been named to the Staffing Industry Analysts 40 Under 40 list, Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 40 under 40 list and the prestigious Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) Staffing 100 list.
Lori Kulhavi JendruckoManager of Talent Acquisition & Recruitment Marketing
Lori was the first internal Recruiter at Schellman, one of the fastest-growing Cybersecurity Assessment firms. She has been involved in all aspects of building the Talent Acquisition team over the years. Now, her main focus is on developing the firm’s Recruitment Marketing strategy and creating effective and genuine content to best convey the Schellman brand.
Michael BeygelmanEVP of Product
Michael Beygelman is the EVP of Product at WilsonHCG and the former CEO of Claro Analytics, which he founded in 2014 with the mission to build a global labor market intelligence platform that helps companies make more strategic decisions about talent. Prior to establishing Claro Analytics, Michael was the Global RPO President at Pontoon Solutions, part of the Adecco Group, where he was instrumental in helping the company develop its global recruitment solutions.
Michael is an HR and technology thought leader, having been named an HR Superstar by HRO Today Magazine, been included in Staffing Industry Analyst’s Staffing 100 list, spoken at SXSW, and co-presented with world-renowned authors, academics, and technology visionaries.
Misty Brown FischerPrincipal Consultant, Chief People Officer
With 20 years of experience in employee engagement, corporate communications, diversity and inclusion, and marketing, Misty Brown Fischer plays a pivotal role in the company brand and talent experience.
Misty has held global executive roles in advertising, higher education, insurance and healthcare, supporting multiple Fortune 500 companies and top-ranked universities. She is the Principal at Cultured Consulting, which caters to companies and CEOs that want a nontraditional approach to conventional HR. She has supported dozens of CEOs and C-Suite members in highly complex activities that require high EQ and low ego. Misty’s efforts in corporate leadership and change management have resulted in award-winning cultures and workspaces, diverse employee populations and engaged communities.
Misty is a Los Angeles native and holds a Master of Arts in Communication Management from the University of Southern California. Now in Tampa Bay, she’s a wife, mom and lover of all things food, travel and interior design. Her biggest professional passions are people, culture and conversations like this, which are designed to help people love where they work.