SocialHRCamp Virtual 2022 4.0 – Recruiting Top Talent For Any Growing Organization
In partnership with Airmeet, we are extremely excited to be offering our 4th Virtual SocialHRCamp. The global COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on both our personal and professional lives. What has not changed is our unwavering desire to learn, push ourselves intellectually, and do great work.
This fully virtual experience on March 31, 2022, will focus on Recruiting Top Talent For Any Growing Organization. In typical SocialHRCamp fashion, we will run mega and break-out sessions and our speaker group will be an impressive collection of HR leaders and leadership experts from across North America. While we are disappointed that we won’t be able to offer amazing food and beverage (we know attendees always look forward to the wine and beer selection at our events), we will be integrating many fun, creative, and social activities into the program.
With the Airmeet event platform we will be running a fully interactive virtual tradeshow, networking tables, “random speed networking”, and highly interactive sessions, all within the Airmeet platform — i.e. you don’t need to leave the platform to jump on Zoom, Google Meet, or any other platform.
Spots are limited so be sure to grab your ticket today — great networking, and hands-on learning
- 9:30am - 10:00am
- Registration & Networking
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Kick-Off & Mega Session: Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent in 2022
- The Great Resignation, the Great Reshuffle or whatever you call this crazy employment market we're in right now, one thing is for sure, it's never been harder to hire and retain talent. Join Johnny as he explores the 4 ways that successful companies are using to fight back and not only retain their top talent but attract more people as they thrive.
Speakers:Jeff Waldman, Johnny Campbell
- 11:00am - 11:35am
- Networking & Mega Session Debrief
- 11:35am - 12:15pm
- Break-Out: Building an Employee-Led Branding Approach
- In this session, Hannah will cover, overview of employment branding, identifying and understanding your company culture, and connecting with ideal candidates in innovative ways - Building an employee-led branding approach.
- 11:35am - 12:15pm
- Break-Out: Sourcing with a Purpose
- In this session, Angie will showcase how her team has helped organizations scale during their most critical times. Our sourcers, our team -- your time zone, your tech, your compliance needs. Our expertise when it comes to finding qualified candidates is unmatched. How do we do it?
- 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Lunch - Networking & Wellness Sessions
- 12:20pm - 12:35pm
- Wellness Session: Drawing With Eyes Closed
- Step out of your comfort zone with Psychotherapist Zoë Bowman as she guides you through a creative technique for relaxation and personal insight. Come prepared to draw. No art experience necessary - really!
- 12:50pm - 1:05pm
- Wellness Session: More Energy in 3 Steps
- An interactive 15 minute session with chiropractor Jonas Eyford designed to reinvigorate the state of your nervous system. You'll be taken through a 3 part cycle to calm, reconfigure and stimulate your nervous system with a series of activities
Speakers:Dr. Jonas Eyford
- 1:15pm - 1:55pm
- Break-Out: Agile Recruiting in Remote & Hybrid Organizations
- Recruiting the right talent for your remote or hybrid organization requires vision, deep understanding of both candidates and your business’ changing needs, clarity, and, most of all, agility. In this session, you will be introduced to a proven framework that will increase your recruiting success while delivering value to both clients and the candidates alike.
- 1:15pm - 1:55pm
- Break-Out: No more Culture-Fit. Say hello to Culture-Add!
- We hear this over, and over again when we try to find the right candidate. Culture fit. Do they align with our values? Will they fit in with the team? Join Deanna as we challenge this perspective of culture fit and focus on the benefits of culture-add.
- 1:55pm - 2:25pm
- Networking Break
- 2:25pm - 3:05pm
- Break-Out: Meditation, The Silent Edge in Business
- In this session, Tess will cover meditation and mindfulness, X2 breath techniques to support performance, and the science of meditation.
- 2:25pm - 3:05pm
- I've Been Replaced By a Dog & How to Deal With the Emotional Toll of Recruiting in 2022
- Recruiting is the best job in the world, but it's become one of the most emotionally draining jobs in the world, too. In this session, John will share a rollercoaster of personal stories about how the life of a recruiter has changed since March of 2020, the emotional ups and downs that have resulted, and share tips on how to level set and achieve hiring success at scale, regardless of the emotional anchors life since 2020 has created.
- 3:10pm - 4:00pm
- Break-Out Session: Are your Comp Practices Competitive? & Closing
- Charlyne Fothergill will be speaking on behalf of the Tech and People Network, TAP. Formally called the HRTech Group, TAP is a non profit organization that started 30 years ago in BC! Along with the rebrand to TAP is expanding across Canada. TAP is committed to driving the growth of Canada's tech sector and supporting the People People who support this growth. One of the ways TAP does this is providing their members with REAL, Canadian Industry based data on salaries, benefits, ED&I metrics and other cultural practices. Charlyne will share some of the trends and changes in Comp and Benefits that TAP has seen this past year.
Speakers:Charlyne Fothergill, Jeff Waldman
Angie VerrosFounder & CEO
Angie Verros is the founder & CEO of sourcing-as-a-service and sourcing technology strategy firm, Vaia Talent. She is a strategic talent acquisition leader and global keynote speaker who is passionate about people and technology. She has an impeccable work ethic and a proven track record of success in identifying, sourcing and hiring outstanding talent. With experience in high growth, entrepreneurial and startup environments, Angie’s sourcing methods have been adopted as best practices by companies like Reef, L’Oréal, Rasa, Huron, ModelOp, Zooplus, Level Ex, and many more. She is the author of various blogs and a popular keynote speaker at conferences worldwide.
Candace GiesbrechtDirector, Remote Performance Academy
Candace Giesbrecht, CPHR, ACC is the Director of the Remote Performance Academy with Teamit.com. She is a Certified Agile PeopleOps coach and consultant with over 25 years of senior leadership experience in both the not-for-profit and private sectors. With expertise in social work, human resources, and organizational leadership, she has a broad and deep toolbox to draw from. Her passion is helping leaders and organizations of all sizes to find the sweet spot between excellence in employee experience and business success.
Charlyne FothergillCommunity & Partnerships
Charlyne has 15 years experience working in HR and has been helping grow Canada’s Tech Ecosystem for the past decade. From running the VC backed Accelerator GrowLab to building a Career Services Department at coding bootcamp Lighthouse Labs, Charlyne has a passion for supporting startups. She currently offers Fraction HR&Ops services through her own company Sova Operations as well is leading TAP’s Community and Partnerships initiative as they look to expand across Canada.
Deanna BrousseauTalent Acquisition Manager
Deanna is living her dream as the Talent Acquisition Manager with AltaML. As a human resources and talent acquisition specialist, Deanna has worked across various industries including oil & gas, nonprofit and government. Currently, Deanna leads the recruitment function at AltaML and is uniquely-positioned to source and deploy qualified talent across AltaML’s broader family of companies. In addition, she is responsible for AlphaLayer’s people strategies and programs. Deanna holds a Bachelor of Management from the University of Lethbridge and is a Certified Human Resources Professional.
Hannah DeanEmployment Branding Manager
Hannah is an Ontario native, who focused her education on Developmental Psychology and Child Development. After spending a few years teaching Kindergarten she transitioned to a traditional business setting where she found a love for People Operations. She completed her HRM certificate through York University and has spent the last few years in Technical recruitment. She discovered early on in her HR career the importance of Employment Branding and has been able to implement different verticals. She is currently the Employment Branding Manager at Paper, a tech start-up out of Montreal.
Jeff WaldmanEntrepreneur & HR Tech Evangelist
Jeff Waldman is a senior HR leader and technology evangelist. His newest venture is ScaleHR, a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Deeply engaged and connected within the SMB and HR technology spaces, Jeff’s influence has helped growing SMB companies strategically scale their People Operations through a combination of strategy and technology. With the world of work constantly changing, Jeff’s unique and creative perspective on business, HR, technology, and strategy has helped many growing organizations achieve extraordinary results. He has led and built HR teams at growing organizations in the technology, financial services, entertainment, broadcasting, government, not-for-profit and consulting industries. Currently, he is Founder & Principal at ScaleHR, an HR consultancy that works with growing SMBs to scale their HR and Talent operations, and HR tech startups to build amazing software. He is also the Founder of SocialHRCamp and HR Leaders Collective – experiential learning events for the HR community. Jeff is an avid speaker, blogger, and volunteer with diverse organizations and initiatives throughout North America. Originally from Vancouver, and currently living in North Toronto with his amazing wife and three awesome young boys with who he spends his personal time. He also coaches his kids’ sports teams and is an avid hockey player and snowboarder.
John FleischauerChief Hiring Officer
John Fleischauer – or as he’s better known – bigtalljohn – is a bit of a recruiting enigma. After studying Biomedical Toxicology at the University of Guelph, John started his career in the recruiting industry in 2004. After working in the agency space for eight years, John transitioned to corporate and led Halogen Software’s Global Talent Acquisition function, where he helped the business scale from 170-530 employees (worldwide) in 3 years. After being acquired by Saba Software, he then transitioned to lead Saba’s Global Talent Acquisition function where he was able to stand up a predictable hiring engine that allowed the business to hire for 70 open positions in his final 60 days with the company. John is now Chief Talent Officer of Pivot + Edge, a firm that exclusively helps Seed and Series-A funded start-ups outcompete big corporate in the war for talent, all for a fraction of the cost of traditional recruiting. John is an author, a TEDx speaker, a two-time DisruptHR speaker, and you can find him rambling about ridiculous nonsense on Twitter @bigtalljohn.
Johnny CampbellFounder & CEO
Johnny Campbell is a serial disrupter in the world of hiring. As founder and CEO of SocialTalent, the world’s leading hiring skills platform, he works with some of the largest enterprises in the world (such as Intel, Cisco, and Ikea) to build and scale hiring cultures. Hiring, for Johnny, isn’t just about finding and hiring great talent, it must include on-boarding and fully engaging new hires for it to be considered truly successful. He has presented these concepts at some of the world’s biggest hiring conferences across the world. His dedication is matched only by his enthusiasm, making him one of the most sought-after speakers on the topics of hiring and talent.
Tess Sloane is the Co-Founder of Eleven Eleven Talent Collective, and the Founder of Chapter Two Meditation. Tess is a firm believer in the philosophy of transformation, with concrete examples throughout her 16+ years in the HR industry. She has catalyzed purpose-led paths for people and worked for global brands renown for their transformative People Practices.