Our technology client is currently experiencing a growth phase and is looking to recruit a well-rounded and entrepreneurially spirited HR Generalist to run and scale their HR Operations. This role will have the opportunity to interface with venture capital-backed startups and the venture capital industry to conceive and implement HR solutions. The key emphasis of the role on a day-to-day basis will be on employee onboarding, HRIS administration, employee relations, relationship management, group health benefits administration, HR policies and practices, and mandatory employee training. Further, this role will be expected to lead HR projects from conception to completion – examples include employee wellness, process improvement, employee learning and development, and HR technology.
Your Impact – Key Activities
- Onboarding – lead and manage new employee onboarding – includes document management (e.g. employment agreements), mandatory training, group health benefits enrolment and process improvement through the HRIS.
- HR Administration – ensure all employment-related documents are prepared, signed-off, and stored properly, manage health benefits enrollment process, act as the first point of contact to employees and managers, create and manage all HR procedures, liaise with external vendors, create reports, and manage legislative compliance of employment policies.
- HRIS – manage the HRIS and find ways to optimize its use – e.g. HR process streamlining, and automation of manual tasks, and activities.
- Advisory – provide sound and timely advice, consultation, and education on all employee relations matters, notably performance management, employment legislation, and policy interpretation. You will advise and consult with employees and senior leaders.
- Projects – lead all HR projects for the company from inception to execution. This includes conceiving new projects that will add value to the company – an example includes launching an employee wellness program.
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation in all Canadian provinces – emphasis on Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and results-oriented.
- The ability to thrive in a growing, changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Client focus mindset – you thrive in adding value, being responsive, and providing top-notch service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship management skills, and collaborative work style.
- You are comfortable supporting and working with all levels of an organization from entry-level to senior executive.
- Appreciation and ability to effectively communicate using a variety of social collaboration tools such as Zoom, Slack, and HRIS.
- Successful track record of leading projects from inception to completion.
- Possess solid business acumen with the ability to understand business and financial conditions, link HR and business strategy, and identify ways to improve business performance.
- Experience and knowledge of Canada’s work visa process and programs – e.g. Global Talent Stream.
- Possess 2-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist in a smaller organization, ideally within the technology industry.
The Offer to You
- A competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive health benefits plan, allowance for home office expenses, mobile device plan, performance bonus, and more.
- The opportunity to play a major role in shaping the future of this growing organization – advise the Founder on business strategy.
- The opportunity to grow your career in HR through taking on new projects, stretch assignments, and working closely within the broader technology and start-up ecosystem.
- The flat organization structure and highly collaborative team will allow you to own your domain, be thought of as the HR subject matter expert, and play a pivotal role in building a fantastic company.
About the Organization
Our client is a Canadian organization with strong ties to the technology start-up ecosystem. Its remote team of employees throughout North America is growing rapidly and offers cutting-edge technology solutions and talent. Their operating model is unique and is well-positioned to continue its growth trajectory into the future.
ScaleHR is a growth ops consultancy that helps scaling companies streamline costs to empower revenue growth and employee productivity. Our expertise is in all things relating to People Operations – HR strategy, HR and Recruitment technology, employer branding, recruiting, employee engagement, employee experience, organizational design, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and leadership development. We work with some of the best SMB’s in North America; organizations that are providing their employees with an exceptional place to work.
Note: due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be conducting all interviews remotely using either Google Meet or Zoom.
On behalf of our clients, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where those we work with feel included, valued and heard. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do, and we encourage all people from diverse backgrounds to apply. Your experience is what matters to us and we will do everything possible to ensure this; through accommodation in every step of the recruitment process.